Friday, January 25, 2013

Netflix Review: The Warriors



CAN YOU DIG IT?!...... Well it would be easier with a shovel.

In a not so far future of New York City, a few hundred groups of guys get together to show off their abs, costumes, and to fight in a way that looks very close to dancing. I just have to wonder how cold they get in the winter.

In all seriousness, The Warriors start off with Cyrus, the leader of the largest gang of New York, gathering all the other gangs of NYC together to propose a city wide truce. Cyrus exclaims that as one large gang, all 60,000 of them could control the city. Nothing would happen in the city without them letting it happen and, best of all, the cops couldn't do a thing, as there are at the most 20,000 of them. During this announcement, Cyrus is shot and killed, everyone panics and scatters. With in the commotion The Warriors are blamed for his death, and now have to travel back home with every gang in NY trying to kill them. Will they make it home? Will they even survive? Will any of them find a shirt to put on?

It's easy to see that The Warriors is a classic cult movie. The style, plot, and storyline is very polarizing. You'll either love it or hate it. Now with every rule there is an exception to the rule that further proves the rule. With that, I was indifferent to the movie. If i was around in 1979, I could see myself there at the midnight premiere, in costume, and not able to shut up about the movie for months. This movie was a first of its kind. The style, the feel, all around atmosphere all started with The Warriors. Unfortunately, being a movie buff that put off seeing this movie for years, I've seen this all before. Nothing really surprised me and nothing made me think "this is amazing!" I still  should say this movie was very well done. When I first heard of this movie I imagined "West Side Story without singing." I was wrong. As I heard more about the movie and what I was missing, I imagined a movie Double Dragon style, a few guys moving through a city beating up anyone that tries to stop them and not moving on until every gang member in that level is defeated. I was wrong on that one too. Early into the night all of the Warriors get split up and have to fend for themselves, all of them running into different types of challenges.

I had a hard time figuring out how to finish this review. The Warriors is a movie that is difficult to sum up with a few sentences. The characters, the plot, the meaning is all too complicated to understand without just seeing it for yourself. This is a movie that sets in, that stays with you. Scenes easily play over in your head hours after the movie is over. This classic is a first of its kind and well worth watching.

Now here is the poll for next weeks Netflix review.



Soon we will be having a few new writers and a couple new segments as well.

HOBO Review: The other day I was walking and gave a hobo some change. He thanked me and we started talking. I come to find out that he has never seen many of the movies that you and I know and love. We made a deal that he would watch a movie and write a review for the blog and in return, I would give him half of a turkey on rye. He asked for a whole turkey and rye, but I'm no sucker, I bartered.



Also a friend of mine is a very talented writer and a has a wide and, in my opinion, an amazing taste in television. So here is the preview logo of SMM's new Television segment.



Also expect a few guest writers and more lists!

6 comments:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    smm panel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best!
    Youtube reseller Panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    smm provider panel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information.
    smm provider

    ReplyDelete
  5. SMM Panel Bangladesh provides an amazing range of social media marketing services, enabling businesses to effectively improve their online presence, communicate with their target audience, and achieve significant growth through planned digital marketing campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The term oprekladač represents the unsaid bridges between cultures and the essence of translation in the intriguing field of linguistic study.

    ReplyDelete