Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Superbowl Movie Trailer Reactions

World War Z






Travis Tilton
Not sure if this movie is about zombies or the dangers of shopping on black friday.

Justin O'Neil
Brad Pitt vs zombies who looks to be very good at rock climbing. I hope this does the book justice.

Matt Lansdale
This looks like the first zombie movie to have more than one person survive, finally! I'll give it a try.

Alex Resendes
Looks like the movie focuses on the downfall rather than the aftermath. 

Jeff Havens
If this trailer is any indication to the path this movie follows I will stay at home and read. Great book, awful film direction.


Lone Ranger



Travis Tilton
Jack Sparrow is back in Pirates of the Carribean 5! ...Ok I know this isn't Pirates but it seems pretty close. That kid is the new Dan Marino though, perfect throw from a moving train by a 12 year old kid to a guy on a horse. Oakland Raiders... we have your new quarterback!

Justin O'Neil
Johnny Depp as Tonto should be interesting. The last movie of this type Disney released was John Carter, which was somewhat disappointing. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Matt Lansdale
Johnny Depp is starting to have about one character. No thanks, Not interested. 
 
Alex Resendes
Looks like another movie where the character survives everything and executes everything he does flawlessly. But this time, Jonny Depp is his partner. Not too sure about this movie.

Jeff Havens
I'm a sucker for westerns; all of them. You can count me in but paint me skeptical.


Oz: The Great and Powerful


Travis Tilton
I don't think I could be excited for this movie even if James Franco cut off his arm in the middle of it. Why come out with something like this when Wicked is what we all want to see? 

Justin O'Neil
I like James Franco and I'm excited to see an Oz origin story. Having read The Lion of Oz and the Badge of Courage as a child, I'm interested to see what Sam Raimi will do with the world of Oz outside of Dorothy, Toto, and her musically inclined posse.

Matt Lansdale
Watching the Wizard of Oz as a kid makes me excited for this movie. I'm excited for the look of the whole thing. 

Alex Resendes
This looks like an interesting movie. Showing the origin of Oz and how he came to be. I think this movie will give another perspective to The Wizard of Oz like Wicked has.

Jeff Havens
This looks to somehow be a bigger waste of time than Franco's General Hospital experiment. Another poor movie justified by many due to presence of Mila Kunis.


Fast and Furious 6



Travis Tilton
ENOUGH ALREADY!.... I'll be the first to admit that Fast Five was very enjoyable, but did I just see a car lasso a plane and take it down? Then another car fly through the cockpit? Enough. No Mas. No.... Mas... 

Justin O'Neil
Well I suppose they had to give the Rock a second movie in the Fast & Furious series. I'm sure it will be lots of fun to watch, even if not very realistic.

Matt Lansdale
No. Just no...nothing about these racing movies excites me and it looks like they are really digging for plots here. Please no.

Alex Resendes
Previously on Fast and Furious, the gang has learned how to do everything under the sun using a car. But this time, they must learn how to drift... a tank!! With the story being completely like the other 5 stories, the gang must use their driving skills to defeat yet another gang with driving skills!

Jeff Havens
If only for once a year and for a couple hours I have to suspend vehicle reality and enjoy non stop action then so be it. Only flaw with this one is they did not learn from LOST and keep Michelle Rodriguez in the ground.


Star Trek Into Darkness

Travis Tilton
This movie looks better and better with every new trailer/poster that comes out. STID, though a very unfortunate acronym, looks to be a frontrunner for one of my favorite movies of 2013.

Justin O'Neil
BBC's Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch has become one of my new favorite shows, so I'm extremely excited to see him as (supposedly) Khan in the new Star Trek. I just pray Spock survives the movie...

Matt Lansdale
Didn't watch the first one and probably wont watch this one. I don't have anything against Star Trek, I just dont care. Don't beam me up Scotty. 

Alex Resendes
Looks like a great movie. Although why make the bad guy say that he's "better at everything?" Seems like a lame line to throw in there. But definitely interested!

Jeff Havens
Very intrigued and excited for this J.J. Abrams follow up to his first Star Trek film. However as a diehard Star Wars fan I'm more excited this will be the last for Abrams most likely.


Iron Man 3


Travis Tilton
Not a big fan of "here lets show you as little as possible and then have you visit our Facebook page to see the extended version." But then the first 5 minutes of the extended trailer is Robert Downey Jr. just staring into the camera. Completely worth it.

Justin O'Neil
Always ready to see Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark. Ben Kingsley as his villain, Don Cheadle as the War Machine, and blood leaking out of the Iron Man suit? Yes, please.

Matt Lansdale
Explosions. Guns. Air Force One blowing up. and Robert Downey jr. needless to say im pumped!

Alex Resendes
I am really excited for this movie. Although it looks like it might be a repetitive story, I've always been a fan of Iron Man. Looking forward to this!

Jeff Havens
As bad as the force fed second film was and lack of real depth I am terrified. Can Tony Stark redeem himself? This trailer does not do it for me yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment